In line with past QCMF events, we will be overseeing traffic management in the streets surrounding Villanova College and St James’ School to ensure the safe passage of the visiting schools and to maintain clear access for local residents.
We kindly request that families take into account their movement within the local vicinity during this period, as the usual ‘drop zones’ will be unavailable starting from the afternoon of Thursday 17th August, until Sunday evening 20th August.
Traffic management will be implemented in three designated areas during the festival. Please consult the accompanying diagrams and notes for each of these zones.
Eighth Avenue – Thursday 17th August from 2pm through until evening of Friday 18th August.
- One-way down Eighth Avenue via Fifth Avenue for buses only adjacent to the school.
- Opposite lane will be under traffic control, one way each way, as directed by controllers.
Dowar St into Sixth Avenue – Thursday 17th August through until Sunday 20th August
- No Access from Fifth Ave into Sixth Ave towards College
- No entry for cars with exception of Festival Staff, Residents, Emergency vehicles.
- No Bus entry into Sixth Ave from Fifth (with exception of council buses on school route).
Kirkland Avenue – Thursday 17th through to Sunday 20th August
- Kirkland Avenue becomes a one-way down-hill street from 3:30pm Thursday.
- Local traffic may move around the bus drop zone; however, buses will only be allowed to stop at St James’ school.
- No access to Kirkland Ave from Old Cleveland Road from either direction.
Please refer to the diagram below for managed detour routes around the traffic management plan
For all concerns, please contact Villanova College – 3394 5665
We thank you for your patience as we welcome our fellow musicians from across the State and country. Please feel free to come and enjoy the weekend’s festivities. If you would like to access a pass for the event, don’t hesitate to contact us on the number above.